Thank you so much for joining us to celebrate the opening of the Elementary Program on its first Back to School Night. We dedicated the classroom and put a Mezuza on the front door.
We still have 4 more Mezuzas to be placed. We invite the founding families of the Alef Bet EL classroom to dedicate them - donations are welcome.
Things to bring for the first day of School
Please bring the following for the first day of school:
- a box to store extra clothes with a name on it
- in the box please place: full change of cloths and a smock (can be dad's large shirt) for science experiments
- lunch box with water bottle (to keep in class) and extra snacks. Lunch is dairy or parve.
- Indoor shoes to keep in class.
- Your child's sidur, if she/he has one. if not, we will have one for them. First Graders will celebrate Chag Hasidur mid year.
Other important messages
- Dismissal times:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - pick up 3:30 - 3:45 p.m.
- Thursdays 4 - 4:15 p.m. (when soccer session is on starting Sept 13 - Dec, dismissal is 4:15).
- Fridays 2:45 p.m.
- Apple picking trip is on Sept 11 at 4:30 p.m.
- Camping Trip is scheduled for Oct 16, 17 will be rescheduled for the Spring due to the delayed start of the class.
- Observations days will be posted after the first 2 weeks of class.
- We plan to build a vegetable garden in the late fall. More info TBA
- Parents will get a snack list
- We refer to Elementary staff by their last name (Ms. Melone, Mrs. Singer, Mrs. Hertz)